We prohibit any use of Gatsby to send messages that include (or link to) any of the following:
- anything that’s illegal in the jurisdiction where the message recipient lives (e.g., messages related to the sale of recreational or medicinal cannabis in the United States);
- pornography, sexual products, sexually explicit material, and sexual services;
- material that displays any person in an illicit or otherwise exploitative manner;
- illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia;
- alcohol-related content (e.g., cocktail recipes, drinking games, alcohol-relatedmemes/jokes, alcohol-related questions) sent to users under the age of 21;
- anything that promotes the purchase of alcohol;
- pirated computer programs, viruses, worms, Trojan horses, or other harmful code;
- instructions or materials for the assembly of bombs or other weapons;
- anyone’s private or personal information without such party’s prior express written consent (or parents’ prior express written consent in the case of a minor);
- products, services, or content commonly associated with unsolicited commercial messages (a.k.a. spam), including, but not limited to, online and direct pharmaceutical sales (e.g., health and sexual well-being products), work-at-home businesses, credit or finance management (e.g., credit repair, debt relief, stock and trading tips), mortgage finance, claims of lost bank accounts or inheritances, and odds-making and gambling services (e.g., poker, casino games, horse and dog racing, college and professional sporting events);
- pyramid schemes or multi-level-marketing businesses (including, but not limited to, “get rich quick,” “build your wealth,” and “financial independence” offerings);
- any libelous, defamatory, fraudulent, tortious, scandalous, threatening, abusive, or harassing activity;
- objectionable content including profanity, obscenity, lasciviousness, violence, bigotry, hatred, and any discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, nationality, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, political affiliation, or age;
- false, misleading, or inaccurate information;
- the advocacy, promotion, or other encouragement of violence against any government, organization, group, or individual or any instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- any product or service related to death (e.g., mortuaries and cemeteries);
- any education records (as such a term is defined under FERPA or other educational privacy laws);
- material that violates the rights of third parties, including patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, publicity, privacy, or other proprietary rights;
- anything that involves charging individuals to receive your text messages; and
- any derogatory or other negative mention of any wireless carrier.
- If you use Gatsby as part of any type of promotion, contest, or sweepstakes (all referred to here as a “Promotion”), you are responsible for ensuring that your Promotion complies with all legal requirements.
- This includes writing the official rules, terms, and eligibility requirements, and complying with marketing regulations.
- Legal requirements for Promotions can vary from place to place, so please work with a lawyer or other expert to ensure you won’t violate any applicable laws.
- We are not responsible or liable to you in any way if you use Gatsby as part of your Promotion. Your Promotion’s official rules should state that each entrant or participant completely releases us from all claims based on, related to, or arising from the Promotion.
- You must make clear through the presentation of your Promotion that your Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Carbonology Interactive LLC.